Wednesday, October 21, 2015

2009 - Connecting To The Light

Connecting  To The Light - A Chanukah Reflection

Chanukah is celebrated on the Shortest days of the year -  (at least in the Northern Hemisphere).  We bring in light into these days to show that all it takes is one candle to remove the darkness and allow light to come in.

When I celebrate Chanukah, I try to sit around with family / friends and connect with my light - the quiet burning flame flickering inside of me... I look at those around me and notice their flame... despite the darkness, despite the pain and sometimes challenges of life - each and every person I meet is a light, a candle with a unique message - can I remove the darkness and see the light?

I was looking out of my window on Sat night and noticed the world covered in snow.. and it got me thinking - the shortest day, the longest night, it should be so dark outside... but it wasn't instead it was covered in snow, signfying to me that it is never really dark, that there is always a layer of brightness that surround us, wether we see it or not. 

May the blanket of light surround you, may you see your own light and may you be blessed to connect with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment